Wednesday, January 30, 2013

C25K Week 5 Day 1 - A little late, but that's OK

I actually ran day 1 of week 5 on Tuesday. Monday was just a train wreck around these parts. I taught my two classes, had office hours, helped some students plan our their academic lives, and then ran to pick up Sage from school so we could go to a doctor's appointment. The appointment was supposed to be quick, in and out. We got there at 2:15 and left at 3:15. Not quick in my book. Home by 3:45, and Sage was asleep by 3:48. Daddy got home and I went to pick up Silas at school at 4:20. So there was really very little daylight left to actually get outside and run on Monday.

Tuesday I left work at 2:45 and was able to get my run in before we had to leave to pick up the boys. Mind you, Daddy went by himself so I could cool down and shower, but I was technically done (and smelly and covered in sweat and sunscreen) by 4:20. Today's run was 3 sets of 5 minutes of running (spaced by 3 minutes of walking). The first two runs I was OK, but by the third I really just wanted to be done. Everything was tired. I think that's part of my overall feeling of tired too though. But I finished. I ran for 15 minutes today. Whew.

This week the program actually changes every day. The next time I run (probably Thursday) there will be sets involving 8 minutes of running. Eep. And Thursday and Saturday I will run on a treadmill for the first time since I'll be at a conference and staying at a hotel in Florida. I hope there's not too many buttons. I can just imagine myself programming the thing to do hills the entire time or something.