Monday, January 7, 2013

C25K Week 2 Day 1 - Someone Did a Mean Thing

I was so excited to run today. I was thinking last night that running again after 2 days off would probably be a little harder, but I forgot to add in the fact that on Mondays there's more running than last week.

Week two of C25K is 90 seconds of running and 2 minutes of walking, alternating. I have to say my legs were thankful for those two minutes today. Last Friday I thought I was ready for a little more running, but by my third alternation today my calves were cussing me out when I ran. They felt like bricks or as if I had weights on my ankles. By that point though the nice lady on my app would say, "Begin walking."

Oh. Thank. God.

Wednesday will be better. It must be!

5 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    I'm one of the other c25k mentors from Shrinking Jeans and I can't wait to follow your progress. I say you're doing great and the fact your calves were cussing you out means they were doing their job - just make sure to stretch and roll them after. Take care of them and they'll take care of you.

    Good luck and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bari! Stretching away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck Liz!!

    If you find you are getting knots in your calves, take 2 tennis balls - put one underneath and then rub the other one on the muscles - it works wonders

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Bari said! Stretch, roll and then put on those elastic-y socks you were telling me about. They'll do wonders to get your calves feeling normal again. What's funny is that I always feel like after two rest days, my legs should be fresh and ready to go, but usually... it's the opposite. I bet Wednesday will be a totally different run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some days will be better than others. Keep it up! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete