Friday, January 18, 2013

C25K W3D3 - Still Pounding Pavement

I know it's sad to say this, but I'm still here. I'm still running and keeping up with the C25K program. Did I not expect to be able to complete week 3? You bet ya. As I've said previously, exercise anything and me go way back but we see each other rarely. We'll hang out for a bit, I'll find better things to do, and won't come back. Walking, yoga, weight training...I've tried it all and mayyyyybe kept at it for two weeks. Except walking. When I was single and had nothing better to do I walked every day. But it wasn't really strenuous; it was more like meditating while moving.

But anyway. I'm still running. And I'm super proud of that fact. If you're doing the C25K this year and you're still with it you should be too. We're rocking this. If you've fallen behind or stopped, that doesn't mean that you can't start again. You didn't fail. You paused. Big difference. Get back on it.

So today's run wasn't bad. Everything felt tight which means, a) it's getting worked, and b) I need to stretch more. Good and will do. It's starting to get warmer in Texas - I should rephrase - it was warmer today.  In Texas you can wait 30 minutes and the weather might change. It was 42 this morning. The boys wore hats to school. I ran at 11:45 and had to put my hat away after 5 minutes of walking because I was too hot. I think it made it to 72 today. So yeah - running in warmer weather is going to be interesting. I'm not sure I'm ready to not be wearing sweat pants, an exercise tank, a fleece sweatshirt, and my fleece jacket yet. But I'll adapt. I mean, last week I was worried about running 3 minutes straight and I did it all three days this week without a horrible incident. So I guess I can run without all the layers and not feel weird. Some day soon.

Next week's program doubles up this week's again. Run 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, run 5 minutes, walk 2.5 minutes, run 3 minutes, walk 90, run 5 minutes. I should say "then die," but it doesn't so I'm going to assume that just like this week I'm going to be OK. As this week's run ended and viewed next week's schedule I thought, "I'm not sure my knees are ready for that." Perhaps this weekend I will try out the KT Tape Erin suggested - I'll practice so that Monday I don't wrap myself head to toe and need medical assistance.

1 comments:

  1. I was just about to email you and see how this week went, then I saw that you updated your blog. You did it--I knew you would! I'm super proud of you, too.
    Laughing at you running with all those layers. ;) It was an unseasonably warm day 45 degrees in Indiana today and I may have headed out in long pants and a short sleeved shirt for my run. ;)
    Email if you have any questions, okay?

    ReplyDelete