Friday, January 11, 2013

C25K W2D3 I was fine until...

I finished my run today and thought, "Meh. That was ok. I wonder if I should repeat week 2 since my knees and calves aren't feeling ready for more." Then I did my Friday "ritual" (of two weeks mind you) of checking next week's run schedule to get my brain thinking about the change.

Oh. My. God.

Seriously? Run 90, walk 90, run for 3 MINUTES, walk for three minutes, and then repeat that?!?! 3 minutes?!?! I already want to decide to repeat week 2 just because that freaks me out. That's double the time I ran this week and my knees and calves already slowed down at about 80 seconds this week.

So here's my plan. I will do W3D1 Monday. If it doesn't work out well, I'll go back to W2D2 and D3 for next week and see if that helps. Hopefully that will be enough to get me to feel better about a full week three after that. But if Monday goes well then I'll do W3D2 and D3.

3 comments:

  1. I remember panicking about week 3, also, but week 3 was actually a huge turning point for me. I ended up at day 2 or day 3 running through the cool down because I didn't want to stop. It was the week where everything clicked and I REALLY started to enjoy running. I definitely think you have the right approach, but also don't sell yourself short--you may be more ready than you think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who was freaked out by it. I hope it clicks for me too!

      Delete
  2. Yes, listen to Erin! You can totally do this - you just need to believe you can. If you go into the workout thinking you can't do it, you're going to have a much harder time. Own it, girl - you are totally ready!

    ReplyDelete