Wednesday, January 23, 2013

C25K Week 4 Day 2 - And then it happened...

I have been waiting for this day for the past three weeks and change. It is the day that finally, something in my body (ahem, my damned knees) decided it was not going to play nice anymore. And I did NOT complete my goal for the day. I will be the first to admit it. I did my three minutes of running, 2.5 minutes of walking, 5 minutes of running, 2.5 minutes of walking, and then during that 2nd 3-minute run I literally couldn't get myself to pick up the pace and kept slowing down...down...down...until the pain was to the point where I stopped running and started walking. I walked through the rest of that run, walked through the walk, and started the 2nd five-minute run. I got about 1.5 minutes into it before the pain picked back up again. I walked the rest of my workout and sighed heavily.

When I got home I stretched some and sat down to ice both of my knees. I have to say that being severely over-tired thanks to a certain someone not sleeping through the night may have contributed to my body being overall overtired. And Wednesdays are my busy day (5:20 wake up, teach two classes, office hours, go home and run, shower, pick up boys, dinner, relax, baths, bed, wine...oh wait...). And on Monday I ran on hills and that definitely didn't help.

So what's the plan, Stan? Keep icing my knees. Stretch more. Strength building exercises more. KT Tape the heck out of my knees. And of course, hit it again on Friday. Perhaps repeat Week 4 next week if I think I need to. But definitely not quit.