Monday, January 14, 2013

C25K Week 3 Day 1 - I Made It!

Today is Monday, so that means that my running schedule changed according to the C25K app I have. This week is run 90 seconds, walk 90, run 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes, and repeat. Last Friday I was kind of freaking out about the run 3 minutes part. When I started my run today I wasn't exactly excited to try running for three minutes, but I knew that I was going to do it no matter how I felt about it. After I was done I'd see how I did and see if maybe I should repeat last week's run (run 90, walk 90, repeat) instead.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with myself. The first part (run 90/walk 90) wasn't as bad as it was last week. I think maybe because I knew run 3 minutes was coming up that I expected it to be longer and was surprised when my 90 seconds ended. Then came the three minutes. And I did it! I pushed myself to keep running, even if it was at a slower pace, just to complete it, and I did. No cheating (walking when I'm supposed to run) at all. It wasn't the most pleasant experience, but as I've done before I forced myself to not check the clock to see how much time I had left and just run.

As I finished today's sets I felt accomplished and pretty proud of myself. I know for some people that running for three minutes (twice) is a small feat, but to me it's pretty big. I mean, I'm a person who has walked miles for exercise but never was able to jog for any extended period of time. Three minutes is a lot, and I'm looking forward to doing it again on Wednesday - soon running for 3 minutes will be as easy as running for 60 seconds in the first week (I hope)!

Thank you everyone for all the encouragement last week - it really helped :)

1 comments:

  1. You did it!! I knew you could. I can't wait to hear how Wednesday goes.

    ReplyDelete