Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pardon Me, Do You Blog?

Are you a blogger in need of ideas? Or do you want to start a blog but don't know what to write about? Have I got a deal for you...well it's not really a deal, it's a challenge. And a fun one at that.

After talking to my friend Lisa tonight who is starting her very on blog space, I was thinking about how it can be difficult to come up with topics to write about sometimes. Some days an idea comes to you easily, and some days so many ideas come to you that you have to write them down so you don't forget (I love the Notes app on my iPhone for that). But some days...you drum your fingers on the desk, stare at the computer screen, and feel..."Duhhhh."

It happens.

So here's where the fun comes in. For the next twelve weeks I will create and send out prompts for bloggers who sign up. Do you have to write about what I send you? Of course not (and you won't get kicked out of the club if you don't). But if you do use the prompt, be sure to send me the link to your blog and I'll post it along with others so that folks can read your "take" on the week's prompt.

Want to sign up but not sure if you can commit to one post a week? Not a problem. Sign up anyway and see what happens. Signing up may just be the motivation to get you writing every week though (ah the guilt...Ha!).

How do you sign up? Easy. Comment on this post with your name, your blog's name, the link to your blog, and your email address. Emails with prompts will go out some time on Mondays (starting 1/21) and you'll have all week to write your post and send me the link via email. Once I get your email, I'll post a link to your post in a weekly post. Can you add in after it starts? Of course! Can you ask to be removed from the email list? Again, of course!

If you use Twitter for your blog, use the hashtag #12weekblog to help others identify a blog participating in the challenge.

Quick! Sign up! It will be fun :)

2 comments: