Tuesday, July 30, 2013

#AnotherSaturdayOuting Without Me?

Another #AnotherSaturdayOuting! 

Last Saturday Silas went with Uncles Nic and Carlos to the duck pond. I told him the day before about the plan and he said, "Reawy!" He was very excited. He told me he wanted to "hold dem" and I said that probably he would have trouble catching a duckling to hold. He was sad. 

Nic and Carlos picked him up and took him to feed the ducks (I gave him a hoagie roll to break up for them). He enjoyed feeding them and actually got to hold some! Carlos sent me pics throughout their time and when I saw him holding them I smiled for him but became concerned about his...erm...grip. Carlos said the ducks were fine.

Feedin' the ducks
Holding a duck
No animals were hurt

They played on the playground for a bit, and then had Chic-fil-A for lunch and played in the play space. Silas was exhausted when he came home. But he had fun and that, my friends, is all that matters. The experience. The fun.

Sweaty lunch
Play!
Cool!


What fun things have you done this summer? What experiences did your children enjoy the most?