Monday, August 12, 2013

Quick! Cook This!

Cooking. Something many adults hate. One thing I hate about parenting (and being an adult really) is food decisions. I hate deciding what to eat. I hate grocery shopping. I hate cooking while trying to entertain children (helloooooo NickJr). I would be perfectly happy ordering out pizza every day...probably for a week. But you get my point. Cooking and related behaviors no bueno.

UNLESS.

Unless I have a great recipe which means it's easy and requires fewer than, oh, five ingredients (remember, la-zy, say it with me). I'm constantly trolling the internet for easy yummyness. Thursday I was in luck - I scored two quick recipes off Twitter by 8 am! Go me! So I paired them together and voila, adult dinner!

Zucchini fries. Eat them.
Taco Pockets. Super yum and easy
So check these out. First, baked zucchini fries from My Organized Chaos. 8 ingredients, super easy, and super tasty. I made the mistake of only making one baking sheet full - don't make that mistake. Cook the whole zucchini or it will end up looking like this before dinner's served. 

Second, Taco Pockets from To Be Thode. Four ingredients. Super simple.



What are some of your favorite quick and easy recipes? Share in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I love quick and easy foods, as I'm not a big fan of cooking either. I'm always on the lookout for healthy quick and easy foods, but they're harder to come by. My boyfriend likes to cook so he balances us out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious esp the taco pockets! I've never thought of using twitter to find recipes before!

    Camilla-erika campbell
    Www.camilla-erikacampbell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete