Friday, November 29, 2013

Planning for a plumber's Black Friday!!!

So, here we are. Wait let me clarify. By me, I mean a passed out husband on the couch and me up at 10:00 dying my hair and painting my nails in the silence of my master bathroom. Well, it's almost silent if you count the dripping water from the shower head. Tomorrow is thanksgiving, and I feel like I'm the only one in this house that's stressed out about it.

If you know anything about me, it's that my hair is uber important to me. Ladies, do you have summer color? You know, where the sun (and maybe stylist) lighten up the locks for the summer months? If your saying 'Heck yeah I do! That's when I get my tan on, and my summer skin glistens like a bronzed goddess' (only because I'm chasing my kiddos around the backyard to wear those suckers out before noon so that I can nap, and somehow I end up with a sun-burned nose and a farmers tan)...then boy are we in the same boat. I hate that those platinum locks grow out and I'm left with dull, brassy crap for two toned color for the next 8 months. 

Any who...so here I sit. Dye in my hair, waiting for the 25 min to pass so I can rinse, and then shower. Applying a base coat of nail polish, thinking about the details of tomorrow. Every year, we participate in Operation: Homecooking. It's a program on the local Air Force base where volunteers can pick up 2 trainees for the day and spend the day with them because they are away from their families for training purposes...And, well...let's face it, not even your worst enemy should be alone during the holidays. So, the honor that we have of inviting two (usually young) trainees into our home, is honestly the best gift of thanksgiving. 

Enough with the sentimentals....

....I forgot to mention the importance of a shower when our water has been shut off for 28 hours (but who's counting!) and the need of driving to the store to use the bathroom. As it turns out, we've had a water leak for the past 3 weeks. So, on thanksgiving eve, we got the (homeowners) honor or finding out what the previous tenant Effed up. Then, the icing on the cake is that we get to fix their screw up! Giddy up partners...we've got about 50 ft of 2 ft trench to dig up! 

Looks like Black Friday is rearing it's ugly head (on Wednesday! TEE HEE HEE). We get to spend spend spend... On Repairs for this casa. 

What are your Black Friday plans? Are they to be a good neighbor and to be hospitable if someone else might be in need. Or are you out haggling other shoppers over that 65' LCD?