Sunday, May 11, 2014

What We Learned (May 11, 2014 Edition)

Happy Mother's Day! Today we cebrate all our Mamas and Mamas to Be. Let's see what our three Mamas did this week.

Liz:
1. It's been a busy week here. I took Sage to urgent care last weekend because he had been kind of low-grade crying all day every day for a bit and he was diagnosed with a sinus infection and an ear infection. Then Silas got sick this week and had an upper respiratory infection. Then Daddy got sick and stayed in bed all day Saturday. I'm read for sickness to leave this house!

2. Next week is finals week at the college. My students are worried and excited. I'm glad that we're almost done (even though summer semester starts the Monday after finals end). Is it time for vacation YET?

3. I've been selling jewelry with Chloe + Isabel for a little over a week now and I love it. The new Moroccan collection came out this past week and it is gorgeous. I received a few pieces that I ordered Saturday and I'm in love. Have you checked them out yet? If not, take a gander at my boutique.

Lisa:
1. I was able to read two books in between naps and whilst doing chores this week. My brain is all excited from the workout and I was able to enjoy our bookclub chat immensely. (I usually do but this book made me go and research the subject matter. Ah-mazing!)

2. We got a lovely surprise in the mail for Cubby! A friend of ours sent us a lovely diaper cover in a rare print for us to use for a little while. The gesture, more than the diaper cover, means a lot. Plus, who doesn't like getting love mail?!

3. Mother's Day here is about making memories and in keeping up with that, I asked if this year I could have a garden planted in a certain spot in the backyard. I wanted a gift that we could all enjoy and that would help nature: we chose plants that would help honeybees feel welcome and be happy. The fun part was that we all stayed outside to work while it was raining!! We were all a huge mess but you could feel the love in our work. The plants look happy in their new homes and plans have been made to add more lovely plants and a gargoyle to guard them all. Let's face it, St. Francis needs a little help with the animals from an obliging gargoyle.


Robyn:


Now you! What did you learn or experience this week?