Sunday, June 8, 2014

What We Learned (June 8 Edition)

We took last week off because things were hectic - but when aren't they? This week the Mamas had a lot going on and had some fun. Every Sunday (well almost every Sunday) we let you know what we learned this week and what we enjoyed. In the comments let us know what your favorite part of your week was!

Lisa:

1. The school year is winding down and I cannot wait. Things are falling off the To Do List like apples off a tree! You never realize just how much you do during the year until it slows down. I think with all the rushing around, we are soooo ready to be bums!

2. It was recital time! Both girls did amazingly well. This was Pixy's 4th recital but Banshee's 1st. She did so well, that the Sailor and I were reduced to tears by the end of the night. Sometimes, the biggest hurdles are quietly (or musically) overcome.

Beautiful!


Gorgeous!
3. It's Pixy's bday weekend and we took some time to celebrate. She chose to attend a local carnival and we had a picnic. There were food trucks, face painting, a moonbounce, and live music. We had a great time! What a way to turn 6!!

Great party!


Liz:
1. I have spent the last three weeks teaching a Maymester class, a class that meets every week day for 3 hours straight for 14 days. It was insane. But also insanely rewarding. I met students who blew me away and made me happy to be a professor. It was a great experience. Will I do it again next summer? I don't know, it's really taxing and stressful on my brain and my body. But I am glad I did it. Up next? Two online classes that start Monday. Whew.

2. My parents arrived Saturday for their first visit in almost 2 years. Silas (now 4) and Sage (2 on the 16th) are both super excited to have them here. And my parents are loving it already.

3. Selling jewelry for Chloe + Isabel has become my new love. The ladies I work with are amazing. We had a meet up last Thursday and we had a blast. It's great to work with women who are happy to be working with other women, if that makes sense. We're all merchandisers in San Antonio, but nobody is competitive. We support each other. They're an amazing group and I'm so glad to be part of it. So if anyone needs any gift suggestions for jewelry lovers, let me know! Check out my boutique here. We recently ran a giveaway - were you the winner? Check your email!

Robyn:
Don't hate, Robyn's taking a break! She'll be back with us next week telling us all about her family's crazy fun :)

Now you - tell us what was great about your week in the Comments!