Saturday, April 5, 2014

What We Learned (April 6th, 2014 Edition)

Another week closer to spring and nice weather! What did you learn this week? Every Sunday the Mamas post about what they learned or experienced. This week is no different. Comment to let us know what you learned this week!


Lisa:
1. I learned my son thinks he's Puerto Rican, when he's really a Yankee. He's even bought a shirt proclaiming it now: 

2. We were blessed with awesome friends, family, blog readers for Autism Awareness Day! A lot of people wore blue in honor of Banshee. It was awesome! We were humbled by all the blue shirts and messages. Thank you thank you!
 

3. It is warm outside FINALLY!! I worked hard to get the feeders ready and....the bluebirds came!! I'm so excited. I worried that our bird friends wouldn't find us and I love to bird watch. I've got the kids into it too. I was losing hope and then..cardinals, juncos, wrens, titmice, chickadees, blue jays, woodpeckers, and even a turkey vulture showed in the yard!!! Hooray!! I'm hoping that our tally practice will serve for the big backyard bird count next year!! If you're looking for a fun, educational, and inexpensive project for this spring and beyond, look here:
http://birds.audubon.org/great-backyard-bird-count
 
Robyn:
1. Reagan and I have started co-napping together this week. I've been thinking about making her more versatile in falling asleep in different places. That way she doesn't 'have' to be in a crib, or car seat for example to be comfortable to fall asleep. So far, so good. And watching her nap is totally worth me not getting one.

2. People of authority can be shady sometimes. Work your ass off and take care of the people beneath you. In the end, that's how respect works. You have to earn that shit. 

3. I've learned that even taking birth control, you can still get a period. Wearing light pants must've been a target for Mother Nature and Aunt Flow to come together in with full forces. Hey, at least I'm not pregnant, right?! 


Liz:
1) This week my Mac finally died and I ended up getting a Surface 2. I'm still trying to figure this thing out and work out the bugs. It will take some getting used to, but I'm getting there.

2) Thursday I presented at a conference and I really thought that we were over Death by PowerPoint. If you don't know what I mean, DbPPT is basically putting all your stuff on your slides and then reading off it. I was pretty sure the world knew not to do that anymore, but apparently that's not the case. Of the 6 presentations in my group, only mine used PPT as a prompt - everyone else read straight off their screen. Annoying.

3) I talked to my Mom and found that we're similar in that we spend money when we are sad or lonely. She usually feels guilty and cancels her online order while I tend to feel a rush as I "spend" online and then excited until it gets here. Then a day or so later I'm back to being meh. Do you guys spend money when you feel "down?"


Now it's your turn! What did you learn or what was exciting for you this week? Post it in the comments! We love to hear from our readers.